Monday Motivation: 12 Inspirational Quotes for a Challenging Work Week
by Jennifer Sigler | July 10, 2017 | Workhappy Blog
TGIM! Smile, your week is about to get better.
Even when you love your job, there are days where it feels your motivation is zapped, you aren’t making progress towards your goals, and you are alone in this struggle because everyone around you seems to be succeeding.
Work can be rough. We get it. Sometimes, it’s just a matter of hearing the right words to motivate you through a particularly bumpy week. Try these on for size.
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeeded.” — Michael Jordan
- “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” — Stephen Covey
- “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
- “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” — Lou Holtz
- “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” — Tony Morgan
- “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.” — Carlos Castaneda
- The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” — Barbara Corcoran
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
- “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” — John Maxwell
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr. “All of whom, were not focused on time, but their work.” — Jennifer Sigler
Jennifer Sigler is a Senior Writer with The UpWrite Group. Send a message to services@TheUpWriteGroup.com to see how she can help enhance your corporate or personal brand.